Wednesday 29 October 2014

Style Icons: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West

Kim and Kanye are arguably one of the world's most famous and culturally relevant couples, and I am personally a massive fan.  What I admire the most about them though, is their recent interest in high fashion and their changing styles.  Kanye has long since been a style icon of mine, and I think his influence on Kimberley's stylistic choices has made the duo effortlessly chic, elegant and understated. The recently married pair have made themselves into a brand, and their ensembles (which often co-ordinate) represent them as an attractive couple of substance and relevance.  
Their fashion choices are always sophisticated and glam- an idea and style I'd love to replicate in my day to day wardrobe.  If there is one word to describe their style it's 'minimalist'- a huge trend for 2014/15 and an assured way of achieving an effortlessly understated look.

Minimalism: The concept of minimalist architecture is to strip everything down to its essential quality and achieve simplicity.The idea is not completely without ornamentation, but that all parts, details and joinery are considered as reduced to a stage where no one can remove anything further to improve the design. [source]

Below I have gathered a collection of some of my favourite 'paired down' looks that Kim and Kanye have worn. If this doesn't give you 'stylespiration' I don't know what will. 










Don't forget to find me of twitter, instagram and to follow my blog on bloglovin (all the links are at the top of the page). Comment below who your fashion crushes are, I love gaining inspiration from celebrity style and current designers. Thankyou for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment